Sunday, May 4, 2008

Country living...

ok...so you all know we bought our house away from city life and the neighborhoods where houses are piled up on each other to an area where it is open and we have a bit of land. well, there are consequences to having done that.
today was Brien's first day of having to really mow our land (grass/weeds were getting a bit high in the backyard) and while he was out mowing that tall grass...he made some discoveries. I went to check on him asking him if he needed anything when he tells me..."you might be able to get that cat afterall" I was a bit confused and ask why. He stated "furry friends....lots of furry friends running about" I told him we needed an outside cat to keep the mice away after he found a mouse and 2 young ones out by the workshop. Let me say...there were mice, rabbits, and frogs amongst our yard. I don't mind the bunnies living in our backyard..it is the mice I don't hanging around. They are perfectly fine in the laboratory or as someone's pet but not living in my yard with the possibility of entering my house. That is where I draw the line.
Just when you think he had scared all of them away...Tyler comes rushing in and tells me that Brien needs me right away. Brien tells me to look under a rock that is next to the concrete floor of the shed. What do I see? here is a picture...

yes, it is cute but not when it has the possibility of entering my house. Brien kept seeing them so now it is time to find me a stray cat and bring it home :0) Maybe I'll just go and steal the stray cat that lives around Marti's house. It likes me...and to think...it will be well fed.
here are some other pictures from today's lawn mowing day:

No comments: