Monday, September 8, 2008

Finally a chance to catch up...

Ok...here we are in September and I finally have the house to myself and the three dogs. Now a little time to catch you all up on the happenings here in the Schou household.
Kids....well, they started school back on August 25th. So far so good. I still can't believe my little Hunter is in Kindergarten and Tyler in 6th grade. It's crazy. LOL. Our school day consists of me getting up by 5:40am and making sure both of them get up. Tyler pretty much takes care of himself in the morning by getting his own breakfast and making his own lunch. I am very grateful for that. I get Hunter's breakfast ready and lay out clothes for him and he does all the rest. I make his lunch unless it is a pizza day at school and then he wants to buy his lunch. Then on days I work, I get ready for work. By 6:45am we are saying goodbye to Brien and heading out to the car. I drive them up to the bus stop just a couple of blocks up and wait for it to arrive. They get on the bus and head off to school and I head off to work. Other than that, kids are doing great and they look forward to their weekends. Here are pictures of the kids on their first day of school.
Brien...well, he has kept himself busy on the weekends since I am usually working. He helped out James finish his fence; he worked on fixing his truck; he started to work on his shop and it is looking good; plus working on the yard. I honestly don't know where he finds the energy after working all week but somehow he does. I will take pictures of the workshop soon and post them also.
As for me...let me first start by saying, I love my family. Next, I love my job. I can't believe that I am finally doing the job that I have dreamed of doing which is working with animals. It isn't exactly what I had dreamed of which was to be an animal trainer at Sea World but I get to work with other exotic animals which are just as exciting. All I can tell you right now is that I have done something at my job that I wouldn't have ever dreamed of being able to do in my entire life but I can explain that one later. It is a lot of hard work but the rewards I get from it outweigh the hard laboring work. I do have a little guy who follows me and he is one of our Kudu babies. His name is Ned and he is great. This is him by himself and him trying to get the radio that I wear on my belt. He is such a cutie.
.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Good to hear all of your updates :)
I'm so happy everything is turning out so well in TX.

Your boys are so big. I can't believe Hunter started kindergarten!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics and great blog! I am looking forward to more!!!

Love to all,
Mellan :)